Wednesday 26 March 2014

Guest Blogger: Holly Likes To Blog

Today, i have a bit of a different post for you, an interview with the lovely Holly from 'Holly Likes To Blog'


1. Sum up your blog in three words.
Rambly, inconsistent, cute.

2. Who inspired you to start blogging?
I'm not entirely sure to be honest! I started off watching YouTube videos like Sprinkle of Glitter and Zoella and then when I realised that they had a blog, I think I just liked the idea of it and now here I am!

3. Have you met friends through blogging?
There is a couple of girls that I have met, although not in person! There is the lovely Rachel from http://lipstickanddaisies.blogspot.co.uk/ and Heather from http://hevzibev.blogspot.co.uk/. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to meet them one day.

4. What is your favourite thing to blog about?
I really love monthly favourite posts, not that I have did one in a while! There is just something about them that is really fun to write. They always feel so relaxed and personal.

5. You're all time favourite product?
This is, without a doubt, got to be the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (still haven't got used to Collection 2000's shortened name). It is honestly the best concealer I have ever used and it is so cheap too! It is the quality of a high end brand but only costs around £4! I have gone through so many tubes of it now because I have been using it for so long. I hope they never discontinue it.

6. What is the one makeup item you could never leave the house without?
Mascara. I just think it really opens up your eyes and makes you look so much more awake which is always handy when you have to get up early for school like I do! I just think my eyes look too small and weird without it because I am so used to wearing it every day. My current favourite is Benefit They're Real.

7. Favourite fashion and beauty brands?
This is such a difficult question because there is so many to choose from! For fashion I think I would have to say New Look because I really like the style of clothes that they do - so girly and cute. They also have some really gorgeous accessories. I thought picking one fashion brand was hard but beauty is even harder! I don't think I can choose between Benefit and Bare Minerals. I don't go a day without my Bare Minerals foundation but then Benefit's kitsch packaging is so cute and they have some really great products. If only they weren't so damn expensive.

8. Any hopes for your blog for the future?
I hope I can become more consistent with my posting. I have been quite good this month so far now that I have mastered the art of scheduled blog posts so hopefully that continues! My main aim for my blog is for it to give me experience on what will hopefully become my career. I want to be a journalist - specifically in beauty magazines - so this is like a practise for the real thing. I have gained more followers in the last couple of years since I started blogging than I imagined. I didn't think I would get past 50 never mind 200! I hope this trend also continues. I am so grateful for everyone that chooses to follow my blog. I just can't believe people actually want to read what I ramble on about!
Hope you enjoyed this change of post, Holly has posted my answers to these questions on her blog too, so head over there to check them out! :) Also coming up soon will be a guest post from Holly with her top nail polish picks for spring, looking forward to that! And i'll be writing a guest post for her blog too, so keep an eye out for that :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) x