Tuesday 15 April 2014

Guest Post: Holly's Spring/Summer Nail Polish Picks

A couple of weeks ago, I posted this interview with Holly from 'Holly La Beau', along with promises of impending guest posts. Well that time has come (wooooo) and here are some of Holly's top nail polishes for spring and summer. I'm pretty much in love with all of these colours, but ‘Caliente Coral’ looks especially summery.

Spring/summer is all about the pastels and the brights, as I am sure you are aware. There is no better way to wear this trend than to sport it on your nails! I am a massive fan of wearing pastel colours on my nails and have two full boxes of them to prove it. I have picked out my ten favourite colours for the coming season for you all to see. Sorry for the horrible, yellow stained nails in these pictures, I’m not allowed to wear nail polish to work (sob) as I have a job in a restaurant so I have had to subject poor, innocent people to the aftermath of orange nail polish recently. I feel sorry for them. 

This is the perfect lilac colour for wearing on your nails. Surprisingly, it goes with a lot of outfits. Ciate is a really good, relatively cheap brand and this polish glides on like a dream.

This was my first ever Essie purchase and it is what made me want to go back and buy more. While it does go on a little bit sheer and needs three coats for maximum coverage, it looks divine once it has been built up. Really chip resistant too.

Now this is what you call value for money - £1.99 for 15ml of gorgeous nail polish! It doesn’t last quite as long on your nails as more expensive polishes do but it sure is better than what you expect for that price! This is so bright and pretty – this picture does not do it justice. Click here to see my post from a while back about the rest of my Sinful Colors nail polishes for a full review where I wasn’t as rushed taking the pictures so you can see the colour a lot better.

The much anticipated release of YouTube beauty guru/blogger Tanya Burr’s lip and nail collection lived up to my high expectations. This is my favourite nail polish at the moment and since taking these pictures, I have painted my nails with it because I have a few days off work. Keep an eye out this week for some pictures on my blog of it on my nails!

So. Damn. Pretty. It is actually a lot brighter than what this makes it out to be so I recommend checking the Nails Inc website because the photo over there is really close to how it looks in person. This is definitely a true summer shade. Nails Inc is my favourite nail brand of all time and, at £11 each, is slightly more expensive but well worth the money.

I bought this when I was in America last year and have been in love with it ever since. It claims it is a coral colour. It is not. It is most certainly orange, there is no denying it. Who knew bright orange nails would look so good?! This is currently on my toenails but I didn’t think you would want a picture of my fat sausages for toes to put you off your dinner for the rest of the week so I very kindly left that out. You’re welcome.

No point in saying very much about this since the formula is exactly like to other one from this brand. Yellow isn’t a colour that many people like to wear on their nails but I think this nice pale pastel one is very pretty indeed.

The exact same colour as Tiffany boxes. Need I say more?

A slightly strange colour to wear on your nails but it turns out a lot nicer than you expect. It’s a funny green colour which I didn’t think I would like but surprisingly, I do.

The name of this just tops it all off. How cute! This has a lovely shimmer to it and, as cheesy as it sounds, reminds me of the sea. Very beach-esque.

I hope you like my nail polish picks. The majority of photos are pretty crap because I was in a rush when I was taking them but you can make out the colour for the most part. The websites that I have linked to are all very close to the actual colour which gives you a good representation, especially the Tanya Burr one.

What do you like to wear on your nails in the summer? I need some ideas (as if I don’t own enough nail polishes already).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view my guest post for Holly, a Sports/Fitness Clothing Wishlist, here. Enjoy!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) x