Wednesday 8 January 2014

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer



Size: Approx. 15 ml

Stockists: Superdrug, Boots, Larger Supermarkets.

Price: £6.99

I bought this concealer the other day and oh my gosh i'm quite in love! I usually buy higher end concealers because i have some pretty serious dark circles. I used to use Benefit's erase paste, and had recently run out of Sheer Cover's mineral cream concealer when I suddenly found myself concealer-less. I wanted to go back to Benefit's erase paste, but didn't have the money at the time. So I popped to town thinking "i'll just pick up a cheap alternative, which'll be rubbish, but better than nothing for the time being."

My goodness, how wrong I was! Who needs to spend ridiculous amounts on high-end concealers when we have this little beauty on the high street? 

It's a double ended tube, with a twister at one end and a synthetic brush at the other, into which the product is dispensed. I use the brush to apply it to my skin and then blend it out with my fingers. I do like this application method and the twister makes it fairly easy to control how much product comes out.

The formula is pretty thick and probably wouldn't be great for very dry skin, however it works nicely on my combination/oily skin. The coverage is brilliant and not cakey at all. As for the 'highlighting' qualities, i'm not so sure. It highlights for me since it's slightly too light for my skin tone (i always buy concealers a couple of shades too light because i think they work better that way). But i wouldn't say the formula is particularly 'luminous' and it's definitely not glittery or shimmery for those who might be worried.

Anyway, regardless of highlighting, for me it's like baby bear's porridge - just right.
I want a concealer to cover my dark circles and stay put all day and this does this both of those things. And at £6.99, it's perfect!
I am actually tempted to go back to Superdrug and stock up on them since they have a 'buy 1 get the 2nd half price' offer on at the moment.

Have any of you guys tried this? I'd love to hear your thoughts :) if not, what's your holy grail concealer?

xo

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting :) x